Indian Chicken Curry

I was reviewing my archives to see if I had ever posted this recipe, and I hadn't! This is one of our favorites--we have it probably once every week or two. Don't be scared off by the long ingredient list, as it comes together quickly. This is also a mild curry, but very flavorful. Add more paprika or cayenne if you want more kick.

I especially craved this when I was pregnant with Maddie, so I made it often. For some reason, it just hit the spot, as well as any other Indian or Greek dish.

Indian Chicken Curry

1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
1 med onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Tbsp curry powder (I like the one from Whole Foods, but it's cheaper to make your own!)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger powder or minced fresh ginger
1/2 tsp paprika, or to taste
1-2 bay leaves
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes
2 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1 c. plain yogurt
1 c. coconut milk (about 1/2 can)
1 Tbsp tomato paste

Heat oil over med-high heat, add onion and cook 5 min. or until soft. Add garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, ginger, paprika, and bay leaves and roast 1 min, stirring constantly. Add remaining ingredients, and reduce heat to simmer for 20 min. Serve over rice. Makes 3-4 servings.

Edited to add: Agh! I forgot about salt! You'll need to add about a teaspoon of salt to this, or it will taste really bland.

beth's signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.