Recipe Swap: Why I Eat My Peas

Recipe

I'm actually quite stumped with this one. Not because I don't love the sweets, but because I have so many recipes that I use only once in a while. Plus, I don't have any of them memorized (like many of my other recipes so far) so that would mean I would have to get my lazy self off of the couch and hunt one down. Let me think a bit.

Okay.

So I've decided to post my ice cream dessert recipe. This is one I got from Taste of Home, and I always get rave reviews. It's quick, easy, and so good! It's great during the heat of summer when you don't want to turn on the oven.
Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

Ingredients:

* 17 miniature ice cream sandwiches, divided
* 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
* 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
* 1 Symphony candy bar (7 ounces), chopped

Directions:
Arrange 14 ice cream sandwiches in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. dish. Cut remaining sandwiches in half lengthwise; fill in the spaces in the dish. Spread with caramel and whipped toppings. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Sprinkle with chopped candy bar. Cover and freeze for at least 45 minutes. Cut into squares. Yield: 15-18 servings.

beth's signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.