Summertime

Summer to me is many things, but most importantly, it is the time to reconnect with family and rejuvenate after a season of hard work.

One of the highlights of my year is the "tour of the Midwest" with my parents and siblings every summer. Now that I live far from home, I cherish this vacation more than ever. This year, we spent two weeks visiting Indianapolis, Northern Michigan, and Chicago. The first few days I spent with my grandparents in Indy, where my grandmother, an amazing seamstress, taught me some sewing tips. It was wonderful to get to spend time with them, since I only see them once a year. Before we left Indy, we had a bridal shower for my sister, who is getting married in 9 days! Here is a picture with me and my sister, Lauren, at Julie's bridal shower.


After the shower, we headed to Julie's place to see the apartment and meet her puppy. Here's the bride-to-be with her amazingly cute puppy, Holden!


After we left Indiana, we headed north to Traverse City, where we spend a week relaxing and seeing the sights. I always savor this time up north, and the chance to spend time with my parents and siblings. This year, it was just Lauren who could go, but it was still wonderful nonetheless. One of my favorite activities in Michigan is touring Mackinac Island, which is located in between the lower and upper peninsulas of Michigan. Here's my dad and me on the island with Lake Huron in the background.



Not only do I love Michigan for the chance to see family, but it is wonderful to take a break from work and refresh in the beautiful north. I got the opportunity to read and reflect much more than usual, even though we were busy with activities.

After leaving Michigan, we headed to Chicago to see the sights of this great city. We also got to enjoy some amazing food while we were there. Here's my mom one day at dinner.


As much as I enjoy seeing the sights around the Midwest, summer would not be complete without seeing my family.

beth's signature

1 Comment:

  1. Bethany said...
    Summertime around here is also very much about family! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.