Puppy Chow

What's a party without food? One of my all time favorite party foods is "puppy chow," and it's not as gross as it sounds. I promise :-). I'm sure I could eat a whole bowl full of this stuff myself. Enjoy!

Here's the recipe I use:

6 cups rice and corn cereal (such as Crispix)
1 pkg. (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 peanut butter (crunchy or creamy, but I prefer creamy)
1/2 cup peanuts (optional)
1 cup confectioners' sugar

In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir and heat for 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in peanut butter. Gently stir into cereal until well coated.

Place sugar in a 2-gallon storage bag (I can use a 1 gallon bag just fine). Add coated cereal and shake well, until well coated. Store in bag in refrigerator.

Yields ~8 cups

beth's signature

1 Comment:

  1. Keziah said...
    Hmm, it's maybe the sort of thing you need to try to realise that it is nice? ;-) I might get brave and try it later this week for when friends are coming round.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.