It's Definitely the Milk

Maddie was up screaming her head off til about 12:30 last night, which was the worst night we've had with her so far. I caved yesterday and had a nice tall glass of frosty milk, and I just know that's what set her off.

I think I drank several glasses of milk a day during the last 2 months of pregnancy, partially because I needed to gain the weight, and partially because it just tasted so amazingly good. So it's been really, really hard to go cold turkey, especially since I have a whole half gallon still in my fridge, just tempting me to drink it.

So far I think other dairy products are okay, since Maddie hasn't had any trouble with the yogurt I tend to consume every morning. I also haven't noticed any trouble with the cheese in my turkey sandwiches. Anyway, I must move on and find another satisfying beverage to consume when I'm thirsty.

On a completely unrelated note, Maddie seems to be having issues keeping herself clean. Every single poopy diaper this little one has seems to explode all over the place. I'm still using disposables, since I have some left and I think she's still too small for the cloth ones I have. Anyway, is this normal? I think I might go ahead and try sticking her in the cloth diapers and see if they hold stuff in better.


beth's signature

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Disposable diapers DO NOT hold in breastfed poopy explosions. It comes up the back and out the legs. Cloth diapers work SO MUCH BETTER at containing messes like that. Promise! You should try! I've heard that the baby kangas are very trim; they may fit her already!

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.