Planning the Weekend

I've just awakened from a nap, and so I'm rather groggy at the moment. I shouldn't have fallen asleep right after I had eaten dinner! We've been spending the evening attempting to cool off, since the cool week is over and it's quite hot and stuffy outside now. The AC can't cool off fast enough!

I'm trying to decide what to do this weekend, as I really need to put my nose to the grindstone and do some spring cleaning. The kitchen and bathroom are disaster areas, and the bedroom needs some serious cleaning and organizing before the baby comes. It just might take me that long to get it finished! I'm also hoping to work more on a sewing project for my sister (which I'll post about when I'm done) so I can begin working on some clothes for myself. With the farmers market and grocery shopping tomorrow and Hubby Dear's desire to see a movie, it's going to be a busy day!

I think if I can get up at 7 and have breakfast on the table at 7:30 that would be a great start to the day. I'm making homemade cinnamon rolls with a simple sugar icing. I made a batch a week ago and put the extras in the freezer. I'll transfer these to my refrigerator tonight, then set them on the counter to rise for a bit. These are so good with coffee!

At 8 I'll leave with a friend for the farmers market, and hope to be back by 9. Stu wants to see the 10 a.m. showing of Iron Man, so I think we'll do that. Then a quick sandwich or salad lunch. Afterwards I'll head to the grocery store and CVS, so by 3 I'm hoping to start cleaning the bathroom, and I'll throw a load in the laundry. If I can get the bathroom spotless tomorrow, I think that will be sufficient for the day. It's really messy. :-(

Then I'll start dinner (Roasted chicken and potatoes) I love to wind down in the evening with a good book or a sewing project, so I'll finish with some work on Julie's dress. Then a nice glass of iced tea (it's too hot for a warm mug) and some reading.

It sounds good on paper, but with the lethargy I've been experiencing lately, it just may not happen.


beth's signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.