Handmade Pottery

Last week, my Bible study group got together for a wonderful night of fellowship at The Mad Potter, a local paint-your-own pottery place. (Which incidentally, is owned by one of the Bible study girls.) I had never done this before, but have always been meaning to. I just was never sure it would be worth the trouble. It turned out to be a blast!

We hung out, ordered some yummy pizza, painted pottery, and just got to know each other better. I think I was a little intent on my piece, however, since I don't think I looked up except to eat! Each piece is unglazed ceramic, and there are so many great ones to choose from. I was surprised at how pastel the colors looked after they were painted on, then the glaze brought them to life. (Too bad I don't have a before picture :-(.)

Here's my finished piece:

I picked this as it was the perfect size to display on top of my cabinets, and, it will make a wonderful serving tray. One can never have too many serving trays!

If anyone wants to come visit me in Houston, we can head over there and have some fun!

beth's signature

2 Comments:

  1. ashley said...
    That's beautiful!! I'll come visit. :-)
    Beth said...
    Thanks, Ashley! So when do you want to come? :-)

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.