Homemaking Meme

Stolen from A Gracious Home. :-)

Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
I've never owned one, but I keep thinking it would be a good thing to have, especially since I usually cook in my work clothes!

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
Brownies

Clothesline – Y/N?
No, but we have a drying rack that we use all the time.

Donuts – Have you ever made them?
Nope - not that ambitious. :-)

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
Open all the blinds to get some light in my house!

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
nope, and I wouldn't have anywhere to put it if we did!

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
we have one, but I'm not used to using it because I didn't grow up with one

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
"Home Comforts: The Art and Science of Keeping House" by Cheryl Mendelson

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
"Hate" is a very strong word. Let's say, too lazy to do it :-)

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
Well we have "misc" drawer in the kitchen, but it's pretty organized

Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
Creme cupboards, light wood-looking countertops, medium-wood-looking laminate floor, pretty pale peach and creme stucco-looking wallpaper... our dishes are all bright reds, yellows, blues, and green... a Mexican theme! When we move into our first house, I'll probably tie the walls into the Mexican theme, but for now I take what I can get :-)

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Having everything clean!

Mop – Y/N?
Only when we have an un-housetrained puppy :-)

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I rarely wear them, but when I do I usually throw them in the washing machine

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Well I peak through the door unless it's almost done, and then I open it!

Pizza – What do you put on yours?
Cheese and pepperoni - I'm boring

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Usually do something related to email or my blogs... I also like watching TV shows on DVD

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
Nope, although I suspect I will get one as I start cooking more

Style of house – What style is your house?
A townhouse... How else can I describe it?

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
Neither, though we do use placemats

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
fairly organized - I keep most of my cleaning agents in the laundry room which is next to the kitchen

Vacuum – How many times per week?
whenever company comes over :-) (which translates to, one every couple of weeks!)

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
Hmm I mostly do laundry whenever we are completely out of clothes, and then I do like 5 loads... but I'd like to get on a schedule for laundry and I think that would be about 2 loads per week

X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Only in my head :-)

Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
We don't have one. The apartment complex takes care of the bit o' grass in front of our townhouse

Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Usually some tidying up and getting ready for tomorrow

ashley's signature

1 Comment:

  1. chenmeinv0 said...

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.