Celebrating a Year of Abundance


I can't believe the new year is almost upon us! I don't usually think about New Year's until Christmas is over, but for the past few days I've been thinking about what I can improve upon in this next year. I'm tired of my desire for possessions and thirst for material things. (Christmas, unfortunately, tends to bring this out in me!) I want to cut back on my spending, live simply, and give away what I can to others who need it more than I do.

When I happened upon Sallie's post over at A Gracious Home about
celebrating a year of abundance, it struck such a chord with me that I knew that this was something I could do. I plan on working out specifics once I discuss this more thoroughly with my hubby. Maybe I can get it laid out before the New Year.

If anyone is interested, check out this post and this post (scroll down to the post on Dec. 19) for more information.

beth's signature

3 Comments:

  1. Amy said...
    I've been thinking a lot about the New Year, and new beginnings as well as I sort through our "stuff" and prepare to move.

    I love Sallie's blog but haven't been able to load it for several weeks now. Have you had any trouble opening it?
    Anonymous said...
    I can't believe I have never seen your blog before. (Sherrin of Small Things referred me here.)

    I think Sallie has had a great idea. We do have so much 'stuff' but actually use so little of it because we can't to other stuff for other stuff! Flylady has definitely started me on the right track about getting rid of clutter but there is still plenty work I need to do.

    Look forward to reading more!
    ashley said...
    Amy - I can't see it either. Do you use a Mac? I can use my PC at home no problem but it times out when I use my Mac at work. I hope she gets it fixed soon!

    Keziah - welcome! I would like to get back on track with FlyLady. I made the mistake of starting right before I moved so I hadn't even gotten into a routine before everything was messed up. :-) Now, I have to start all over with the shiny sink! New Year's resolutions...

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.