Daily Musing


While driving back from Dallas, my husband and I were amazed by this gorgeous rainbow that was developing over the plains of the Texas Hill Country. The clouds were ominous and dark, and as we were driving they parted, letting the sun shine through. It was subtle at first, but as we drove farther south and went around the bend in the highway, we could see it in its full glory. It instantly reminded me of God's promise to Noah:

"And God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.'

So God said to Noah, 'This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.'" Genesis 9:12-17

How amazing are God's promises! He loves the world so much that He made a covenant to never destroy it with water again. Not only that, He gave us something so beautiful as a rainbow to remember it by. Thanks be to God for such incredible beauty!

beth's signature

3 Comments:

  1. ashley said...
    That rainbow is beautiful! I love rainbows.
    Beth said...
    It's a picture I got off the Internet. We unfortunately didn't have a camera to take a picture of the one we saw!
    ashley said...
    You shouldn't have told me that! I would have forever been in awe of your photographic abilities. ;-)

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.