Baby Sling

I just finished putting together a baby sling for the new little one, (it was a great was to spend a "hurricane day" off of work!) and I think it came out really well.

I chose a cotton fabric in pretty mossy green for the sling and specially ordered some rings in bronze. I love the combination together! Most of the slings I've seen online have had silver rings, which I think are pretty, too, but I think the mix of green and bronze is just striking. I've been practicing with it a little bit, trying to figure out the best way to adjust it while wearing it. It's definitely not as easy as it looks!

All in all, the project took only about 1 1/2 hours to put together, and it was very easy sewing too.

I'll post a picture of the sling in use as demonstrated by my test subject when I can, since Blogger is throwing a fit right now and won't post pictures. Grrr.

*Updated* Yay! Pictures are working. Here is the one I promised:



beth's signature

5 Comments:

  1. ashley said...
    Aww Lily looks like she's loving that! You did a great job with that sling! I can't wait until little Taylor is using it. ;-)
    Susan said...
    It looks great!. I love the combo you chose. I just ordered a second set of sling rings, because I discovered it's very nice to have a spare sling! Even my husband loves using it around the house :-). I found this site to be helpful for figuring out how to use it: http://www.sleepingbaby.net/wearing/threading.php
    Beth said...
    Actually, Lily wasn't to keen on the whole sling idea. She kept trying to jump out! That was the best picture out of several. Hopefully the baby likes it more than she does! Oh, and Taylor isn't actually one of our top name choices anymore. I think we're going to pick something more traditional.

    Susan: Thanks for the link! It looks really helpful. I already plan on making another baby carrier, more in line with this style of wrap.
    ashley said...
    Heheh I was actually being sarcastic about Lily, but you can't really tell since you can't hear my tone of voice! ;-)

    And I know Taylor isn't one of your choices. :-) I'm just going to call her Taylor until you tell me her real name! Any closer on deciding that yet?
    Anonymous said...
    Hey Beth! You did a great job on the sling! I also really like the style of the sling on the website that Susan suggested.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.