What's Up

For those interested in why I'm tired lately, I'd like to mention the fact that Hubby Dear and I are expecting our first baby in October. Sometimes I get overly shy about such things because I don't like to be the center of attention, so it's taken me a while to mention it. We are ecstatic beyond words, of course. It's an interesting story about how we found out--remind me to tell it sometime. ;-)

Okay, fine, I'll tell it now. :-)

I scheduled my yearly doctor's appointment in March, and for the few weeks before the appointment I was feeling really off. I was feeling slightly nauseated and sleepy. Even though the symptoms made sense, because they were mild I just thought it was all in my head, since I wanted a baby so very badly.

When I had my doctor's appointment, I told her about my suspicions, and she confirmed that, yes, I was pregnant. I told her how I had absolutely no idea how far along I could be, so she did an ultrasound, and I was already 8 1/2 weeks along. I remember being excited, and actually relieved that I wasn't going crazy. :-) I was actually very concerned that we were going to struggle with infertility, since I have, um, hormone issues, and I hadn't had that time of the month in a very long time. It wasn't until after that that it really started to sink in, and it still really hasn't.

I've been feeling much better than I expected. Only a little bit of nausea at the end of my first trimester, then fatigue after that. I love that I can eat so much food at once!

Anyway, this brings me to another important point. We find out tomorrow what kind of baby we're having. My gut feeling is that it's a girl, but I know we would be happy either way. I'm still processing all this now, even though I've been able to feel the baby kick the past few days. I just can't believe that I'm going to be a mother. It's so exciting, but a little scary at the same time.

I'll post some pictures in the next few weeks. I'm showing a bit, but it's not really worthy of a picture yet. :-) Anyway guesses as to the gender?

beth's signature

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Thanks for the post! :-D

    I'm gonna go with the mother's intuition here and say GIRL. Can't wait to find out!
    ashley said...
    Just to make it interesting, I am going to guess BOY. :-)
    Anonymous said...
    I think it's a girl. because Girls are fun. :)
    Emily said...
    congrats beth! we are excited for you!

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.