Recipe Swap: Frozen Fruit Smoothies

I didn't think this would be so difficult, but really I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a healthy snack that we enjoy. I thought of my wonderful fruit dip, and ran over the ingredient list in my head.

It has yogurt in it. That's healthy!

And cream cheese! Hmmm, wait.

Oh, and marshmallow fluff. Ya know, maybe it's not so healthy.


So, this is the best I could come up with. It's been a while since I've made these, but they are yummy! I use frozen fruit instead of ice so it doesn't have a watered-down taste. Enjoy!

Frozen Fruit Smoothies

1 cup frozen fruit (strawberries, peaches, and blueberries are all yummy)
1 small banana (or add a little extra frozen fruit)
1 carton sweetened yogurt, any flavor (I use the store brand, but I can't remember what size. Maybe 8 oz?)

Put ingredients into blender, pulse until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses. Serves 1 big glass or 2 small ones

For other great healthy snacks, visit The Natural Mommy!

beth's signature

2 Comments:

  1. ashley said...
    I remember making smoothies with you. :-) Didn't it taste horribly so we added vanilla because vanilla makes everything taste better? Glad to know you've finally mastered the recipe though!
    Beth said...
    Hehe. I remember that. I think the problem with that batch was the yogurt we used. And I think the vanilla probably made it worse. :-)

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.