Excedrin Migraine is my Friend

No, I don't have an addiction problem. I don't take it all that often.

I saw this article on Ashley's sidebar discussing unusual triggers for migraines. I don't believe I have mentioned this before, but I am a migraine sufferer. It started a several years back before I got knew just how crazy my eyes were and how desperately I needed glasses. You see, I have one eye with near perfect vision, and the other, well, let's just say it is a bit myopic.

Okay, more than a bit.

As a result, I tend to have serious eye strain when doing computer tasks or driving. Before I got glasses, I would have these migraines about 3 times a week, sometimes so bad that I would have to throw up (pleasant, I know) or hide in a dark, quiet room as sounds and light would make the symptoms worse. Now that I have the glasses, the migraines are much less frequent and only happen when I'm in front of a computer for very long periods of time.

For me, there are only two ways to help get rid of a migraine. I can sleep it off, which really isn't a possibility if I am at work, or I can take Excedrin Migraine before it gets really bad. I'm the type of person who doesn't take a lot of medications, but this has really been helpful for me. The article mentions how the combination of acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine help bring relief. And it really does. God bless those scientists who discovered that.

Which reminds me that I had better take some now, as my head is already beginning to throb just thinking about all this stuff. Bleh.


beth's signature

2 Comments:

  1. ashley said...
    I know how you feel! I thought that article was interesting too. Excedrin Migraine has really helped me a lot! It's the one thing that almost always gets rid of headaches. I usually get headaches directly relating to my monthly cycle, so I will go for a week and get headaches every day. I have read that acetaminophen can be bad for your liver if you take it frequently, so I've been trying to cut back. Yesterday, I had a headache all day. I even took a nap in the evening and still had a headache. It finally went away on its own (it wasn't that bad, just annoying), but I hate being put out of commission all day like that!
    Unknown said...

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.