Kitchen Meme

I've been tagged! Ashley has tagged me for this fun little meme, so here are 8 random things about my kitchen:

1. My kitchen is decorated with a mixture of burgundy, gold, and green, which are the colors of the rest of my house. There are shots of blue thrown in, from a set of decorative plates I received as a wedding gift. I love the mixture of colors in there, since otherwise the room is rather stark. I've just recently made over my kitchen, and have learned to accept it, even with its limitations.

2. My kitchen is about the size of a Cracker Jack box, and yet I love to cook in it. I've been known to whip up batches of homemade cinnamon rolls and no-knead yeast breads in there. This is the smallest kitchen I've been in to date, but I don't let the size stop me from making what I want. :-)

3. I love to cook. It's the way I unwind after a long day of work. The recipe that I'm loving right now is an Indian chicken curry--I about have the recipe memorized.

4. My favorite "servant" in my kitchen is my Crock Pot. I have no idea what I would do without it. It can make the toughest meat come out tender, without any actual work on my part. While I love to cook, occasionally I will come home tired, so it's great to have the Crock Pot meal already waiting by the time I get home.

5. My freezer looks like it's been hit by a hurricane. I have so much food in there, that I almost have to hold the food in with one hand while slamming the door shut with the other to prevent unnecessary spillage. I have 15 frozen bananas, several cups of chicken broth, veggies, two steaks, a few pounds of chicken thighs, and a whole bunch of other stuff that is now buried somewhere in the depths.

6. My least favorite thing to do in the kitchen is clean it. I think I would rather scrub the toilet that wash dishes, and I'm not even kidding. I hate to get my hands wet. (I scrub the toilet with one of those scrubby brushes, so no need to get my hands yucky!

7. My kitties have figured out how to open the bottom cabinets to get their food. At least Lucy knows how. :-) Yesterday I found her bag of food ripped to shreds all over the kitchen floor!

8. I have a whole cabinet devoted to tea. I'm sure there are many more important things to store in ones kitchen, but I haven't found it yet.

So there's my list. I'm not going to tag anybody this time around, but if you want to do it, feel free!


beth's signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.