Fatigue

Life has not been stressful lately. Busy yes, but not stressful. Even so, I have been feeling so tired lately. Physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I'm tired at my job, and tired when I get home. I tend to fall asleep easily on the couch these days. I think my fatigue is stemming from something more serious. Lately I've been dicontent with life in general. Working full time, as much as I enjoy it, is not where I want to be. I want to be home, raising a family. Hubby and I have decided to wait a few more years before starting a family, mainly for financial reasons (I'm the only one bringing home a paycheck!) So I know rationally things won't be how I want them for a little while longer, but it still doesn't stop the ache I feel longing to hold my own child in my arms.

I recently saw this post on Amy's Humble Musings, and this comment on her post How to “find your spot” resonated with me:
"If you’re not happy where you’re at, you won’t be happy wherever you’re going." She was talking about real estate, but it can most definitely be applied to all of life. If I'm not happy working, I won't be happy at home. Contentment shouldn't be contingent on one's circumstances. It's a condition of the heart. As Christians, we should be content wherever we are at, for that is where the Lord has placed us.

I know this, so I'm hoping my heart can quickly catch up with my head. I received this note of encouragement in my inbox this morning, and it so easily can be applied to my circumstance:

The job has been given to me to do.
Therefore it is a gift.
Therefore it is a privilege.
Therefore it is an offering I may make to God.
Therefore it is to be done gladly, if it is done for Him.
Therefore it is the route to sanctity.

--Elisabeth Eliot

beth's signature

2 Comments:

  1. ashley said...
    I feel like this is the same post I could be writing, Beth! I totally am there with you - except for the falling asleep part. But while I ache to be a mom, I know that the true issues are finding contentment in Him and not my circumstances.
    chenmeinv0 said...

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.