Writer's Block

Between work and home, it has been hard to find the time to just sit down and write a post, let alone actually think of something significant to say. I can never profess to be a writer, let alone a great one. I'm a scientist by trade. Words come to me slowly, inadequately, and sometimes never at all. Of all the subjects in school, English was by far the most difficult. Take me to a chemistry lab, or explain the process of reverse osmosis, and I'm right there with you. Try to get creative words our of my head, and I'm stuck looking at a blank page.

So anyway, that's where I've been the past few weeks. Stuck looking at the blank pages (or monitor in this case), waiting for the lightbulb to hit and the words to flow from my fingertips. I've got so many thoughts swirling around in my head, they just need to get onto the page. Maybe once I get the creative juices flowing again, I'll be able to post something meaningful and worthwhile.

I'll probably always struggle with writing, but I hope to develop my skills. That's what's great about blogs, isn't it? I can practice my thoughts out on paper, working and reworking to develop my points and to clarify my meanings, without being graded. Hopefully I can get my thoughts flowing soon . . . :-)

beth's signature

2 Comments:

  1. Amy said...
    You know, this made me laugh...because I'm the exact opposite even in formal testing. Anything language related is like breathing but give me math and chemistry and I'm a fish out of water!! There are times I would give my right arm to have it the other way around. But then of course, I always want what I don't have :)

    Well, I hope your writer's block clears soon. Maybe you should do a post about math or chemistry?
    ashley said...
    This made me laugh, too. For claiming to be such a bad writer, you certainly did a good job writing this post. :-) While I might have a lot to say, I have always felt that you have a better grasp on how to say it well.

    And you are definitely welcome to do a post on reverse osmosis or whatever. ;-) Or stoichiometry. I always liked stoichiometry.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.