A Call for Modesty

While neither of us are mothers, both of us hope to be someday and I am sure Beth will agree with me that we desire to clothe our daughters in nice, modest clothing. I have been surprised at how the young girls of today dress - like miniature teenagers, complete with makeup and form-fitting clothing. It makes me sad, because I wonder where they are going to go as teenagers. I may not know the first thing about how to raise a godly Christian daughter, but I do think that the clothes her parents dress her in as a girl has to have something to do with her modesty!

The Moms for Modesty Campaign is over at Everyday Mommy and is directed towards retailers to encourage them to make more modest, yet stylish and fun clothing for little girls. I'm all for supporting this! Here is the mission statement:

Moms for Modesty Mission Statement
  • As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
  • I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
  • I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
  • I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
  • I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.
If you'd like to participate in this campaign, please go over to Everyday Mommy's site and leave a comment.

ashley's signature

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.