Finding Time

Balancing work and home can be such a struggle for me, since there never seem to be enough hours in the day. I plan on addressing this issue more thoroughly at a later point, so I'll summarize for now. Since my biggest desire is to spend more time with my husband and being the wife I am called to be, I try to make time by cutting down on the minutes I spend by the stove or with the vacuum. But this can be so hard when so much of my time is consumed with my job!

To save time, I rely on a lot of quick cooking and cleaning ideas. Here is one of my favorite recipes to use when time is crunched. It uses the slowcooker, which has become one of my best friends! I usually serve this meal with mashed potatoes on the side, since the soup creates a nice gravy. Enjoy!


Beth's Quick and Easy Crockpot Chicken

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 Tbls tarragon or thyme (not both)

Place chicken in crockpot. Mix soup and herb, pour over chicken. Cook on LOW for 5 hours, or HIGH for 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!

If anyone has any other great quick recipes or cleaning tips, let us know! We'd love to have them!

beth's signature

7 Comments:

  1. ashley said...
    You should have entitled this post "Finding Thyme". ;-)
    Beth said...
    Of course! Why didn't I think of that?
    Daniel and Teresa said...
    My favorite never-fail quick meal is:
    -saute in garlic and olive oil any veggies you have (zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, onions, etc.- as much or as little as you want), and serve over pasta. It can be simple, or gourmet by adding pine nuts, goat cheese or parm. cheese, basil, fresh tomatoes, etc. :)
    -tree
    Beth said...
    Thanks for the recipe, Tree! That sounds really, really good. My husband and I love pasta, so I may have to try that this week! :-)
    chenmeinv0 said...
    Unknown said...
    Unknown said...

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.