WFMW: Freezing Cookie Dough

My husband loves cookies, (and I love to bake!) but it can be so difficult to find time to make a fresh batch after a long day of work. Plus, since there are only 2 of us, we could never finish a whole batch, even if we wanted to! So, I've started freezing the leftover dough.

I've found with homemade dough, especially ones made with real butter, that it is nearly impossible to scoop it out once frozen. So, I freeze the cookie dough (chocolate chip, peanut butter, and oatmeal all work great!) in cookie sized portions and place them on a wax-paper covered baking sheet. I place them like that in the freezer for an hour or two, just until they have hardened a bit. After that, I place them in gallon size freezer bags which are labeled with the oven temp and bake time, as well as the cookie type and date of preparation.

When I'm ready to bake, I just take the desired amount of cookies and place them on a cookie sheet, then bake for 1-2 minutes longer than the recipe states. Fresh cookies, with little time! Works for me!

For more Works-for-Me Wednesday, visit Rocks in my Dryer.

beth's signature

4 Comments:

  1. Laura said...
    What a great idea. I have done this before too, but I have forgotten about it. What a great thing to have in the freezer for when I need cookies in a hurry!
    Gettysburg Mom said...
    I started doing this last fall and love it! My kids don't need two dozen ookies lying (laying?) around. I get super-cool mommy points for a batch of cookies with no effort...thank you for reminding me to make more!
    Sandi said...
    I just did this and have already enjoyed the ease of it!
    Alison said...
    Great idea. I'll have to do this soon!

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.